Devotional 4 - Palm Sunday


God shall never forsake his creation. He has provided a kinsman Redeemer for us to stand by us in times of crisis. People question His methods in providing such as we revisit Bethlehem. The Hebrew word for Bethlehem is “the House of Bread”. He is the bread of life!

When raising three girls in years past I had one that always kept me on my toes. One day I observed her lying on the ground seemingly lifeless. I rushed to her side and asked her, once she got to her feet, why she was on the ground. She left me with an everlasting gem! She told me that she had stepped on an ant and was apologizing to the little creature. My sudden response was that the ants could not understand her.

Later it came to me that God could not fully understand man and we Him. Thus God became a man at His birth in Bethlehem, Israel. He then was our personal friend, our comforter an ever-present one in our time of trouble. Also as our Father He is there for us to jump into His lap and address Him as our loving Father! Now reach out and tell Him what is on your heart and mind. He became like us that we in turn may become like Him. This Palm Sunday we recalled just how much He cared in saving us in His very death!

God’s love,
Peter

1 comment:

Featured Post

AN OVERLOOKED MATTER