AN OVERLOOKED MATTER

Dr. Clarence Sexton, president of Crown College, introduced to our nation a special alert with regard to our president.  He also related that two old women had asked God to anoint Scotland with a Holy Ghost revival and their joint prayers were answered by the Almighty.  Should you have missed this then you must look it up.

Dr.  Sexton made a reference to a matter which may have been overlooked by a majority. In paraphrasing him a brief reference was made to these two elderly individuals who were not wanted in the church anymore. When listening to this amazing announcement, also note this statement on the elderly which may have been overlooked.

Thus God wanted to address this further and called it to my attention. One reason could be that I find myself in the nineties bracket. If he sees this problem in the church then we must address it immediately. Once reaching a certain age you become shelved. No wonder people question the loyalty of our churches anymore. King David asked God to not overlook him when becoming a grey-head with in his psalms.  God does not forget us when we age but rather sends special angels to watch over them.

As a young boy I always had a love and concern for my elders. Our society no longer recognizes the family unit. The church has overlooked them as we observe. My mother, at the age of 90 was honored by the local assembly in the 1960s. Oh how we have fallen away in our time. The aged are not needful of sympathy but due respect and honor.
This article was born as a result of neglect and possibly the reason for the weakness in our society and places of worship.





                                                                                                     Respectfully,

                                                                                                     Peter

2 comments:

  1. Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness." - Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." - - - Job 12:12 "Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding? " -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness." - Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." - - - Job 12:12 "Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding? " -

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

AN OVERLOOKED MATTER