Devotional 6 - Edie’s Prayer

Along with being a minister I also served as a social worker. One of my fellow workers admired my devotion to Christ. She became hospitalized and I visited her in the hospital. When I entered her room it was dark and dreary. I asked her if I may pray quoting a passage from the James letter, chapter 5, verse 14: “Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.” Once obeying this passage her room lit up, she got up and wanted to go home. The authorities were summoned and she was discharged upon her testimony. Prayer of faith healed the sick.
Our Lord later determined to heal her permanently and she left instructions for me to conduct her funeral as she had such faith in what God had done in her life. Her spouse decided to ask their pastor to preach and he did. However, when I attended the funeral the pastor became sick and asked me to be in charge as he was too ill. Edie’s prayer was answered in her healing but even more in her demise. To God be the Glory! Faith and explicit trust in the Lord Jesus Christ worked then and it does now. In your deep need turn to Him and He also shall be there for you.

Praying for your healing,
Peter

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! ----------------
    Psalm 147:3 (NIV)
    He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds.
    _____________________________________________________________________

    Malachi 4:2
    But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves."
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Jeremiah 33:6
    Behold, I will bring health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

AN OVERLOOKED MATTER